Welcome

Hello World,
Welcome to my blog, I really hope you enjoy reading my poetry, I write from my heart. Everything I write is true. So enjoy

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Change Has Come!

As a young African American “yes I can”
As a young Black Woman “yes I can”
Because I’ve been inspired, encouraged, and motivated
To dream big dreams,
To aim higher,
And to achieve my goals
“Yes I can”
As an African American
I can now pick myself up and
Dust myself off
“Like Barack Obama said”


The Dream has been realized
My thoughts and my mind
Have been un-paralyzed
As a Black Woman
Hope has come alive,
My faith has taken over,
And my pride has cried,
Tears of joy

Many of us African Americans
Said that this would never happen!
We are the ones that marched in the 60’s?
But guess what?
Martin Luther King
Took us to the top
And promised us a promised land
And look where we are standing!
Over the United States of America
With “Barrack Obama”
Head of the table
And “I’m not talking about
The dinner table”
“America” Reality has come,
Reality is here and
I’m very proud to be
Part of African American History
As African Americans
“Yes we can”

We have to take accountability
For our actions,
And responsibility
For our mistakes
“Yes we can”

We have to challenge
Ourselves to do better,
And be better citizens
“Yes we can”

We have to inspire,
Our young people
And encourage them,
To have dreams that
Are above and beyond
Our expectations
“Yes”
Let the young people,
Be our next generation,
To lead our nation,
Out of false hope,
And into hope for a better future,
And, “Yes we can”

Because, we will not be discouraged,
And we will not be put down,
By negative people,
We will be rebuilt,
From scratch,
And work our way to the top,

“Yes we will”

We will grow in each other,
And teach each other new things,
And we will learn from each other,
“Yes we can”

And, “yes we will”

Together we will lead,
Together we will succeed,
Together we will accelerate,
And together,
We will Change America!


Brittney S. Turner

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Rochester HIlls, MI, United States
My name is Brittney S. Turner, and I am a writer I've been writing since I was 11 yrs old. Writing is how I tell my story, writing is therapeutic to me because my mind can explore in different places and my imagination is as a big has a kid. I am a Freshmen at Rochester College. I am currently studying Film and TV Production