Welcome

Hello World,
Welcome to my blog, I really hope you enjoy reading my poetry, I write from my heart. Everything I write is true. So enjoy

Monday, March 28, 2011

UnFinished

I spent 8yrs in the Foster Care System,
8yrs belonging to the state of michigan
In the care of 7 different strangers,
5 different social workers, 4 different
therapist, to many diagnois to count. A lot of medications
I wonder if they thought I was crazy?
It was hard, felt like I barely got an education.
My life I hated-- I just couldn't take it.
I got tired of faking it.
8yrs of people walking in and out of my life.
I didn't think I would make it.
Holding my tears back, just so I could stay strong
Everything in my life felt wrong.
I had forgotten the words to my favorite song.
All because my pain had lasted to long.
I just didn't want to belong
But I was young and didn't understand what was going on.

This poem is Unfinished
I aged out of Foster Care
March,24th 2011

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Rochester HIlls, MI, United States
My name is Brittney S. Turner, and I am a writer I've been writing since I was 11 yrs old. Writing is how I tell my story, writing is therapeutic to me because my mind can explore in different places and my imagination is as a big has a kid. I am a Freshmen at Rochester College. I am currently studying Film and TV Production